Trip Advisor Review - Great Travel Tips for your Belize Vacation
Other reviews already do an excellent job of providing details, so I will only provide a few tips.
- EVERY DAY TRIP WAS FANTASTIC. Be clear, some are 12 hour excursions that present physical challenges. We're 40-something day-hikers (2-3 hours max) and we went with our 10 and 13 year-old for 8 days. All of us did just fine with the physical demands of the trip.
- If you get Luis as a guide, you are in for a treat. The man is an encyclopedia.
- Sunscreen's a must (we burned in the water in 20 mins without it)
- Keen sandals were perfect for almost every excursion, wet or dry, just be sure to spray your feet with DEET if you're walking in the jungle.
- You eat your meals with other guests on the patio. The place seems to attract really decent folk. Enjoy them.
- If you get a chance to do a night walk in the jungle, do it!
- The owners and staff are as warm and personable as other reviews state.
- If you are in the market for a new camera before you travel, consider one of the waterproof digital models. Many of the excursions are in or around water and there will be some amazing photo opportunities you won't want to miss.
Krahn Family Review from July 2007