Belize Trip Review - Norfolk, Virginia, USA - James and Christine Giardina - July 2009
In speaking of the incredible experience which we had here in Belize & at the Jungle Dome, I feel like we’d be echoing the very same positive sentiment which have been elaborated far more eloquently on the previous pages, so instead we offer the following tips to future travellers:
1. Definitely partake in the board game playing in the evening, but be very wary of David’s rules in checkers.
2. Be open to trying any and all new foods you are served, even when offered termites or iguana!
3. A notable exception to rule number 2 is the ‘Jackass bitter’ leaf - the name should speak for itself (as should your common sense, unlike mine)
4. Do whatever it takes to cheat your way through the 9 trials of Xibalba...bring a headlamp too!
5. We found all of the remaining crystal skulls, so do not bother searching the ruins for them (but definitely take time to visit them regardless!)
In all seriousness, this made for the perfect venue & overall experience for an unforgettable, adventurous honeymoon. We were both very taken by the kindness of everyone we encountered, especially here at the Jungle Dome.
All our best to the lovely Hunt family and the incredible staff,
James & Christine Giardina,
Norfolk, VA, USA
View James and Christines photos of their Belize Honeymoon : http://jchoneymooninbelize.shutterfly.com/